Thursday, August 6, 2009

Thing 9 : You Tube

What do you like or dislike about YouTube? Did you find videos that would be useful for teaching and learning? Is YouTube restricted in your building?

Thanks for showing me the variety of things available on you tube. I knew there is a wealth of instructional videos but I hadn't realized what an archive it was for historical TV and film clips . I really loved the Women in Art morph. Lovely. As with Flickr, I really wish we could access it freely in our school district. It is such a tremendous resource. Of course I'm aware of the vast array of material on it that is not appropriate, but I wish teachers could at least access it. In Dearborn, we can upload you tube videos onto our district's video site, but it has to be done from home, and it is kind of cumbersome.

1 comment:

  1. I agree that it's frustrating when useful tools like YouTube or Flickr are blocked by school filters. How can we teach kids to use these tools well (and we know most of them are using them at home) if we're not allowed to access them?

    ReplyDelete