Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Thing 22 Create a Wiki

Post the link to your wiki.
http://dearbornpeacejam.wikispaces.com/
I started this wiki just to try out a few things such as embedding video, pictures, and links but hope to refine it to be used by a group of teachers who will be using the PeaceJam program with students in Dearborn.

Discuss your feelings about using a wiki.
The wikis we were directed to were really wonderful - thanks. They gave me a lot of ideas about how wikis can be used as did the 23 Things wiki with the list of ways they can be used in education. I love the idea of using it to have students create a collaborative book. That would be a fun challenge. I really loved the way the wiki Bookleads was laid out. I'd like to learn how to do that.
http://bookleads.wikispaces.com/
I learned that wikis can be used as a powerful tool for collaboration between teachers and in the classroom.
How does a wiki differ from a blog? When is one more appropriate to use than the other?
I see a blog as directed by one person in terms of how it is set up, the content, and so forth. It is interactive in that others can post responses, and could work really well for creating discussion groups for instance.
The purpose of a wiki is definitely more collaborative. It is meant to be used for a group project of some sort.

No comments:

Post a Comment