Thursday, August 20, 2009

Thing 17 Online Productivity

Give a review of the tool you explored - what worked, what didn't work, how might it be used in your personal or professional life?

I explored and joined Library Thing. What a fun site. It had a Book Talk section, an Author Chat, Early book Reviews, special interest groups to join such as Librarians who Library Thing that had over 6500 members. As a librarian, being in contact with online communities like this enhance both my personal and professional life. It great to have a place to share ideas and information that's interactive. It's another resource to help keep me up on what is current, what others are thinking and reading.

1 comment:

  1. I love LibraryThing... I use it to keep track of books I want to read, so when I go to the library, I have titles in mind.

    ReplyDelete